That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway"
I was inspired by this song when I found out two years ago that I was pregnant with Colter after a successful IVF cycle. Joy sums up the whole experience of having Colter, our now 18-month old toddler. After having Colter, we decided to not use any birth control and just see what happened. I was fine with just having one child. However, I would really love for Colter to have at least one sibling, like me and Kory have (2 each).
So much to our surprise, in July, I missed my period. It had been pretty regular since I finished nursing last September. I waited very anxiously and finally a week later took a HPT. Within seconds after dipping it in my pee, it was positive! I texted Kory, who was at work that Saturday, with "It's Good!". He called and told me not to tell anyone - he was worried I would jinx it :-).
That first week (5 weeks pregnant) I had lower back pain. Probably from lifting Colter combined with these new hormones going on inside. Since then, symptoms seem slightly worse than with Colter... a bit more nausea (no vomiting yet), slight breast pain, and more tired.
My first ultrasound was at 8 weeks (August 23rd). I had a vaginal ultrasound. Right away, I saw the flicker of the heart. Yeah! You could see the little blob. Although it was pretty defined with arm and leg buds and a head. The BPM were 140. Everything was good! I will go back at 6 weeks for another check-up. But I did see if I could come in at 11 weeks, just to have reassurance.
As before, these early posts will be kept a secret for a few weeks and then after it is 'safe' I will share with family and friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment