Kory and I went to my latest ultrasound check-up (8 weeks, 4 days). It went good, but also went bad. I'll start with the bad. Sadly, we lost #2. It measured at 8 weeks, 0 days, but didn't have a heart beat. The US nurse told us with multiples there is about a 30% chance of one of them not making it. She said something like our bodies aren't meant to have more than one. And in the normal world of early pregnancy, you usually would not go in for a check-up this early. Thus, you probably wouldn't have known you lost one. It sucks, I was very excited to have two even if it would be extra work and extra everything. Kory was sad, but also relieved in a way. But I try to remember something important that I've learned through all of our hard times... it is all in God's hands and God takes care of our lives. It's hard to accept that sometimes when things don't go the way you had hoped. I'm trying to stay positive for #1. We were also reassured that this will not affect #1.
So #1 is doing really good! It tripled in size since two weeks ago, measured at 1.96 cm and is about the size of a kidney bean this week. It had a heart rate of 182 bpm. She said normal heart rate will be about 120 - 180. It was higher because it was very active at our afternoon appointment. We could even see the head moving. Also, we saw the umbilical cord and the yolk sac. Mom says a higher HR means it is a girl, so she's got her bets on that. I don't care either way :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment